Four Ohio Fire Departments Extinguish House Fire

Firefighters said three people were expected to fully recover after being injured in a house fire early Friday.

5142863_240X180.jpg

The fire occurred at about 5:30 a.m. at a house along Shepherd Road in Pickaway County, NBC 4 's Kyle Anderson reported.

The home was located near the Franklin County line.

Officials said not much could have been done to save the home. The home was reduced to little more than the frame, Anderson reported. Siding on a garage a few feet away was also damaged.

Four fire departments responded to the blaze and it didn't take them long to determine a cause.

"We had a report that it was possibly a candle in the bathroom, but that doesn't add up with the burn patterns and everything we found," said Chief Bill Welsh, of the Harrison Township Fire department.

Then, police determined that the fire began from an overloaded power strip in the master bedroom.

A couple and their son living in the home were taken to Mount Carmel West Hospital and were treated for smoke inhalation.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

Copyright 2005 by nbc4i.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


News stories provided by third parties are not edited by "Site Publication" staff. For suggestions and comments, please click the Contact link at the bottom of this page.

Loading