A fire in Barnstead claimed the lives of seven horses Saturday night.
The flames broke out inside a barn just after 6 p.m. on Barnstead road.
The fire did not spread to the house on the property located a few feet away. Firefighters could not rescue the six adult horses and one baby horse trapped by flames inside the barn.
Fire officials said they believe the fire was an accident. They said the family was using a heat lamp to keep their animals warm on a cold January night, and that could have sparked the flames.
Everything was destroyed in the barn.