A devastating fire in Barnstead claimed the lives of six horses Saturday night.
The flames broke out inside a barn just after six o'clock on Barnstead road.
Luckily the fire did not spread to the house on the property located just feet away.
Sadly firefighters could not rescue the five adult horses and one baby horse trapped by flames inside the barn.
Fire officials believe the fire was an accident. They say the family was using a heat lamp to keep their animals warm on a cold January night, and that could have sparked the flames.
Everything was destroyed in the barn from cars to four wheelers.