NOBLE, Okla. --
A fire caused heavy damage to a building at the Parkside Apartments in Noble Sunday morning.
Miranda Brady said she heard a popping sound after turning on the air conditioner.
"My breaker box blew and caught everything on fire in my bedroom," she said. "And then it moved, I guess, to the other bedroom, to the living room, to the bathroom, to the kitchen."
Brady said she lost everything in her apartment. "I got out of my apartment within two minutes of it sparking and catching on fire," she said.
She knocked on doors to alert the neighbors and then waited for fire crews to show up.
Gary Bonner of the Noble Fire Department said his crew was answering another call at the time. "We had one man at the fire station and he waited for another guy to get there. The response time to this scene was six minutes."
No one was injured, but four of the buildings eight units were destroyed in the fire. The other four units have smoke and water damage, firefighters said.
The Red Cross is on the scene helping residents find a place to stay.
"I am a little angry," Brady said. "But I know that I will be OK. I will get through, whatever I can do."
Copyright 2008 by koco.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.