North Carolina Fire Displaces 25

CHARLOTTE, N.C. --

The local Red Cross assisted 25 people displaced by an accidental fire Friday afternoon at an apartment complex on Flagstaff Drive off Tyvola Road in south Charlotte.

The fire that began in the living room of an upstairs apartment left one tenant with minor burns.

"Half the apartment is messed up," said David Pastrana who's family lived next door to the apartment where the fire started.

Investigators said the mishandling of flammable liquid began the fire that caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to the structure.

Two firefighters were treated at the scene for heat-related injuries but were not transported.

Loading