Ohio Man Dies in Christmas Morning Fire

Blanket blamed for deadly blaze.


Firefighters said an electric blanked started a fire that claimed the life of a man early Sunday morning.

The fire started shortly before 7 a.m. in the 700 block of East Longview Avenue on the city's north side, NBC 4 's Barbra Flannigan reported.

A man's body was found near his bedroom. His name was not released.

The man's wife died six months ago, Flannigan reported.

Firefighters said the man died from smoke inhalation and the blaze started in the bedroom from an electric blanket.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

Copyright 2005 by nbc4i.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.