SAN ANTONIO --
A couple was killed early Tuesday in a house fire on the city's East Side, fire officials said.
A neighbor called 911 around 4 a.m., when the fire broke out at a home in the 2000 block of Iowa.
When firefighters arrived, thick smoke gave them problems getting around the home.
"Visibility was difficult," said San Antonio Fire District Chief William Pavliska.
Firefighters found the body of a woman in a bed. She died at the scene. Her husband's body was found in a hallway, leading firefighters to believe he may have tried to get help.
A neighbor said that she thought she heard an explosion prior to the fire. The woman did use an oxygen to help her breathe.
Fire officials said that an electrical overload in one of the electrical outlets was blamed for the fire.