Autopsy Shows Nebraska Fire Victims Died From Smoke, Fumes

Four children and their mother died in the blaze.


A faulty air conditioner is to blame for Monday's fatal fire in Norfolk, Neb., officials said.

Four children and their mother died in the blaze.

Investigators said an air-conditioning unit outside their mobile home malfunctioned.

The autopsy shows the victims died of smoke and fume inhalation.

Alma Delia Ybarra, 39, and four of her children were killed. The youngest child was 2 and the oldest was 21.

Jose Jimenez, 36, escaped the fire. He's in a Lincoln hospital in critical condition.

Services for Ybarra and her children will take place Saturday at the Norfolk Baptist Church.

Copyright 2006 by KETV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.