A fire broke out Saturday morning on Faber Street in Reserve Township, and it happened to be the house across the street from where the town's fire chief lived.
At first, it sounded like just a toaster oven on fire, but it was much worse than that, officials said.
The chief went in and came right back out to get his firefighting gear and call for help from another firefighter because the house had become too smoky.
The woman who lives inside the house told the chief her husband was inside.
"We made entry. We were able to find him in an extension to the kitchen which was formerly a back bedroom. We brought him out," said Fire Chief Paul Yurtich.
The condition of the man saved from the fire was not released.