Pennsylvania Firefighters Extinguish Hospital Fire

Officials said the cause of the fire was accidental and estimate damages at $30,000.


Firefighters battled a fire at UPMC St. Margaret hospital on Monday night.

The fire apparently started in an electrical room before moving to the roof, where it eventually reached two alarms.

No patients had to be evacuated.

Officials said the cause of the fire was accidental and estimate damages at $30,000.

Related Links:

More Allegheny County News

Copyright 2006 by ThePittsburghChannel. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.