Fire at Wisconsin Humane Association Caused by Faulty Wiring

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (AP) -- Faulty wiring caused a blaze that killed 59 cats and 20 dogs at the Chippewa County Humane Association, the group's president said.

Linda Hebert said the faulty wiring was in the attic of the building, which the association bought in 1982.

The attic contained nothing but possibly insulation at the time of the fire Monday night, she said.

Hebert said the organization held a $26,000 insurance policy on the building, along with $11,000 for its contents.

Loading