(New York-WABC, December 7, 2004) -- Thousands of mourners turned out for a wake today, for a New York City firefighter killed in Iraq.
Christian Engeldrum, a member of the Army National Guard, was killed last week during an attack in Baghdad.
This afternoon, family, friends and fellow firefighters gathered for a wake in the East Tremont section.
Firefighters from across the country are expected to take part in a full line-of-duty funeral on Thursday.
- Mayor Backs Plan to Hike Death Pay for FDNY Member Killed in Iraq
- New Jersey Firefighter Killed On Patrol While Serving In Iraq War
- Firefighters Lose Another 9/11 Hero - This Time In The Iraq War
- FDNY FF Killed in Iraq, Second Wounded in Blast
- FDNY Comrade Braved Injury To Aid His Pals
- Long Island Firefighter Dies in Iraq
- Md. Firefighter Killed in Iraq
- Engeldrum Born To Be A Hero
- City Bids For Full Pension For FDNY Bravest Killed in Iraq