Carbon Monoxide Fumes Sicken Guests, Fire Alarms Set Off In New Jersey

Carbon monoxide fumes from an overheated exhaust fan led to the evacuation of the Best Western Hotel near Newark Liberty International Airport yesterday morning and sickened 50 people, most of whom were guests.

A transformer fire near the overheated fan erupted simultaneously around 10 a.m., setting off fire alarms in addition to the carbon monoxide alarms and sending the hotel's guests scrambling for exits.

For the rest of the story, click below:

Loading