About 30 To 40 Indianapolis Firefighters Fight Fire At Eastside Warehouses

A storage company hastily did inventory Tuesday night making sure none of its customers' belongings caught on fire after two warehouses on the city's eastside went up in flames this afternoon.

Company officials told News 8 it appears to be mainly storage supplies and company goods that were lost to the flames. Of course, they're double-checking to calm any customer concerns.

The charred frame of a warehouse swayed in the wind as firefighters tried to put out the hot spots.

"With the doors open, the wind was coming in and it blew it up real quick,? explained Sean Ferbrache, Warren Township Fire Division Chief. It blew the fire from one building to the next before we could stop it. Our nearest water source is a thousand feet from here."

Stacks of papers and cardboard boxes were enough to fuel an already feisty fire.

Plus, no matter how much water firefighters dumped on the flames it didn't cool things off. They worked against the wind and the heat to salvage storage supplies and what firefighters say looked like household furniture.

The guardian moving and storage company is home to people storing their own personal goods.

When Tiffany Marszel saw the smoke she worried that the fire may gotten to some of her own things because she lives right across the street.

"They wouldn't let us come down here. We had to beg just to come to our house so we didn't know what was going on. All we could see was smoke. It was scary."

She's only had her trailer for a few months and the insurance hasn't even kicked in yet. She and others had a close eye on firefighters

"We were just worried that our trailer was on fire. Really, really scared because you can't see anything but just smoke from the road and you don't know where it's at and they wouldn't tell you anything."

"There was just so much emergency things and then we turned around and saw this huge thing of smoke," said witness Sara Young. "We just knew there was something going on. [We] got a little scared and just turned around to head back towards my son's apartment."

No customers or employees were injured. About 30 to 40 firefighters from multiple agencies worked on the flames, which is normal for a two-alarm fire.

Arson investigators were called to try to figure out how the fire got started in the first place.