GEORGETOWN, Texas (AP) -- A fire erupted in a parked minivan Tuesday, critically injuring four children inside.
The boys' mother pulled the minivan up to their apartment and ran into the home to drop something off. When she came out, the minivan was on fire, officials said.
Officials believe a mechanical device used by the children sparked the fire.
Assistant Police Chief Kevin Stofle said witnesses opened a side door and the hatch and retrieved the boys. Stofle said by the time emergency vehicles arrived, the fire was out.
The boys, ranging in age from 20 months to 7 years old, were hospitalized with severe burns.