Ore. Boy Rescues Grandmother From Burning Home

VERNONIA, Ore. -- A 12-year-old boy is recovering from burns to his face and hands after carrying his grandmother to safety after an explosive fire at their home in Vernonia.

Watch Video

The fire erupted Friday after a propane heater started leaking.

Seth Cutright said he could smell the gas just before his grandmother, Rose Cutright, lit a cigarette and ignited the blaze.

He said his grandmother was on fire, but then it went out and he carried her outside.

The two are recovering at the Oregon Burn Center in Portland.

Copyright 2012 Spokane Spokesman-Review

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Loading