Brad Harvey's "Effective Hands-on Thermal Imaging Drills" article.
Allen Balwin's new "Knowing Your First Due" article looks at considerations found in alleys.
Ryan Pennington's article "Building the Base for the Engine Firefighter" details water supply ideas and stretching the hoseline.
This month's cover story comes from Oregon where firefighters rescued a tree trimmer who became trapped 30 feet in the air.
The June edition of the Firehouse Limited Edition Tablet App is now ready and is packed with new features, photos, videos and more.
Download the Firehouse application using your iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom or the Nexus and then get the latest edition, featuring app-exclusive content.
Features this month include:
- A cover story that highlights the rescue effort of a tree trimmer who was trapped and freed by Oregon firefighters.
- Brad Harvey uses a series of videos to illustrate various quick drills that can be conducted with thermal imaging cameras.
- Steven Shaw provides an overview of the total cost of fire in the United States over the last 20 years.
- Ryan Pennington's "Views From the Jumpseat" article on building the base of an engine firefighter is enhanced with new videos.
- Allen Baldwin's series on first-due training and pre-planning focuses on alley and driveway access and hazards.
- Don't miss out on the Firehouse Monthly Quiz on trench rescue, the Firehouse App Depot, 10 tips on firefighter safety and more.