Oct. 03--A family on White Street has been temporarily displaced after their home was damaged in an early morning fire Thursday.
Just before 5:30 a.m., firefighters from the Danville Fire Department responded to 168 White St. and saw no smoke or visible fire, according to a news release from the fire department. Firefighters investigated and discovered a fire in the attic above the kitchen.
Responders opened the ceiling and found smoldering wiring and insulation. Most of the ceiling and insulation was removed to make sure the fire did not spread, according to release.
One firefighter sustained a leg injury while extinguishing the blaze. He was transported to Danville Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, the release stated. As of Thursday afternoon, an update on the firefighter's condition was unavailable.
The house sustained moderate damage.
The family living in the home is being assisted by the American Red Cross and the Danville Burn Fund.
Copyright 2013 - Danville Register & Bee, Va.