Oct. 21--A worker at an Upper Arlington job site was electrocuted this morning.
The electrical worker was in a room in a parking garage under construction at 1600 W. Lane Ave. when other workers reported hearing a loud noise around 10 a.m., said Upper Arlington firefighter Dan Kochensparger.
They found the worker touching the electrical panel, he said. He was taken to Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center, where he later died.
The local office of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration confirmed the worker's death. Investigators are on scene.
Kochensparger said the contractor on site is Brackett Builders and the company doing the electrical work is the Romanoff Group. Messages were left with officials from both companies.
A hotel, apartments and retail space is being built on the site.
Copyright 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch, Ohio