Photo credit: Courtesy of Anne Arundel County Fire Dept.
March 09--Four people, including two Anne Arundel County firefighters, were hospitalized early Sunday morning following a house fire in Glen Burnie.
At around 1:20 a.m., firefighters responded to the 7300 block of Dotson Lane and found smoke and flames coming from a single-family home, Fire Department spokesman Capt. Michael Pfaltzgraff said.
Three of the home's occupants were alerted by smoke detectors and evacuated before units arrived, Pfaltzgraff said.
It took 35 firefighters one hour to control the blaze.
A 23-year-old woman who lived at the house suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore in serious condition.
A 66-year-old woman who also lived at the house suffered minor injuries when she evacuated through a window, Pfaltzgraff said. She was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Glen Burnie.
Two firefighters also were transported to BWMC for evaluation. They have since been released, Pfaltzgraff said.
The fire caused about $65,000 in damages. It was determined to be accidental.
Copyright 2014 - The Capital, Annapolis, Md.