On August 4, 2006, at 7:08 pm, Mansfield firefighters, along with mutual aid from nearby Fire District #8 responded to 2253 Whaley Street for a reported washroom on fire.
Four minutes later , first arriving units encountered heavy fire conditions in a single family dwelling. Firefighters were hampered by downed power lines, numerous additions & voids, and over 100 degree heat.
Twenty-one firefighters were able to contain the fire in less than 30 minutes.
Firefighters remained on scene for 4 hours. One firefighter was transported by DeSoto EMS to a local hospital for evaluation.