The Assistance to Firefighters Grant program application period opened March 3, but are you prepared to help your department? From true interoperability to training, Firehouse.com grants contributor Brian Vickers offers an update on the important changes to the 2008 AFG program. Through his company, Firegraphics.org, Brian has helped departments win well over $57 million in grant awards.
Some of the changes in the 2008 rules include the reporting of properly-training firefighters, interoperability issues and proving the need for funds to purchase apparatus and equipment.
He answers the most common questions he's received while presenting grant workshops and working with local department to secure federal funding. This year, the regional application process has changed. Make sure you get the inside scoop.
• Brian Vickers Firegraphics.org Website
• Official FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Website
• Fire Service Grants: Are We There Yet?
• Firehouse.com's Funding & Finance section
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast FREE Here