The Apparatus Architects: Accident Liability and Older Units
October 19th, 2007
Download this Podcast »
Apparatus Architects Tom Shand and Michael Wilbur dedicate a good chunk of this podcast to several recent events that involved fire apparatus. From an engine that rolled into a lake, to a unit that was stolen from a manufacturing plant, the hosts discuss ways to avoid these situations. Another topic they'll tackle centers around the liability issues that surface when department and personal vehicles are involved in crashes.
Tom Shand talks about the challenges a Massachusetts department is facing as it starts thinking about replacing its 39-year-old ladder truck. He also holds a frank discussion about agreements between departments, and the issues that may arise when one has more modern equipment than the other.
Please send any suggestions, questions or comments, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Massachusetts Community Needs New Ladder Truck
• Two Teens Accused of Stealing Apparatus from North Carolina Plant
• Ontario Firefighter Faces Charges in Death of Good Samaritan
• Florida Pumper Rolls Out of Station, into Lake
• Emergency Vehicle Response
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast FREE Here