Fire Officers' Lessons from Firehouse World
March 2nd, 2009
Download this Podcast »
This round table podcast explores several issues that face fire officers, especially on the West Coast. Guests include international fire service speaker Kim Alyn, Sacramento Area Fire District Battalion Chief Anthony Kastros and Coronado Division Chief Ed Hadfield.
The discussion starts out with Assembly Bill 220, better known as the California Firefighters' Bill of Rights. How will it impact the daily activities? The panel also discusses lawsuits, and the ability of a fire officer to take correct actions without fear or retaliation.
They also talk about the mentoring process and share some best practices to assure that people climbing the ladder are headed in the right direction. The three finish up discussing the need for succession planning as officers prepare to vacate their posts.
Please send any comments, suggestions or questions for this podcast to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kim Allyn's Fire Presentations Website
• Ed Hadfield's Firetown Training Website
• Anthony Kastros' Firefighter Inspiration Readiness and Education Website
• Assembly Bill 220 (AB220): Firefighters Procedural Bill of Rights Act
• League of California Cities - Firefighters AB 220 Firefighters Procedural Bill of Rights Act White Paper
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast Free Here