Upland, CA, August 27, 2007 - Champion Rescue Tools, manufacturer of industry leading hydraulic rescue tools is proud to announce a new line of accessories for their best-selling BEAST Multi Tool. Like the original, interchangeable "O" Cutter and Spreader tips included with the BEAST, these new accessories can be attached to the BEAST in seconds by simply pulling the three tethered pins, lifting one head off, sliding the other on and replacing the pins. No tools are required.
The new attachments are designed to tackle many of the unique requirements presented by today's 5-star crash rated vehicles manufactured out of laminated metals, design deflection materials and reinforced posts including boron and other exotic metal inserts.
"Scores of firefighters have already learned from hands on experience that the BEAST is the most functional and powerful tool in the market," stated Alan Discount, President of Champion. "And now, with this new line of attachments, the BEAST is even more functional, creating even more distance between us and our competition."
By providing multiple tool attachments that work with a single tool body, rescue workers now have the versatility to handle any situation they encounter from boron reinforced cars at an MVA, to heavy framework and building structures in USAR applications and everything in between.
The new BEAST attachments released include:
- Super aggressive double "O" cutter for extreme urban search and rescue applications
- Cuts through thick steel framing and supports
- Super wide notch aggressively grabs materials as reinforced blade cuts through
- Piercing tips.
- Extended length "O" cutter designed for reaching into tight spaces and grabbing/cutting obstructions
- Wide, curved opening pulls material into center of blade for maximum cutting power
- Perfect for cutting hinges and nader bolts when removing doors, as well as cutting through narrow door posts.
- Serrated straight blade designed for slicing through plate and sheet metal
- Curved notch grabs material and keeps it from sliding out of blade while cutting
- Includes aggressive teeth on back edge for quick spreading without changing blades
- "Saw Tooth" straight blade outperforms other plate cutters with curved notch to hold material securely as it slices.
- Small, curved beak delivers the ultimate power for chomping through new types of super strong tubing such as boron, or solid stock.
- Makes maximum power in the heart of the cut.
- Small straight beak with serrated teeth makes quick work nibbling through plate and sheet metal
- Top notch easily breaks solid bar, rebar and cables on the reverse stroke
- Complete guillotine cutting head easily attaches by simply pulling 3 tethered pins
- Safe cradle head keeps patients safe, even when cutting in close proximity
- This extremely powerful and versatile cutting head with its unique guillotine design, generates intense cutting force with the maximum amount of safety. Will cut virtually all new car materials including reinforced posts.
Champion has also introduced a new mounting system to keep the new attachments secure and safe in transit to an accident scene.