CHARLOTTE, NC (January 17, 2005) -- CHIEF Grants will hold a 2-day grant-writing and Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP) application seminar in Philadelphia, PA, March 4-5, 2005 (Friday and Saturday). This seminar is designed to provide fire departments, EMS, rescue and local government agency departments with hands-on assistance in writing their 2005 grant application.
Specifically, the seminar will focus on the following grant-writing skills, just in time for the AFGP application period, which begins on March 1st.
- Write stronger applications for AFGP and other federal/private-source grants
- Learn what separates an awarded application from a rejected one -- drawing on practical examples from successful 2004 AFGP grants!
- Understand NIMS: compliance, updates, and Fire Act grants, including AFGP
- Be an overall better grant writer
- Apply for, and win, 2005 AFGP and Fire Prevention and Safety Grants (FP&S)
In 2004, CHIEF Grants assisted numerous departments with their AFGP applications. As of Dec. 17, 2004, 72% of those departments were awarded in excess of $1 million in AFGP funding. Success stories can be viewed on the CHIEF web site by visiting www.CHIEFgrants.com/winners.