lobe Gear Giveaway For the third year, Globe is partnering with DuPont Protection Technologies (DuPont) and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to donate state-of-the-art turnout gear to volunteer fire departments in need.
In 2014, Globe will donate a total of 52 sets of gear to 13 all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments in the U.S. and Canada that are members of the NVFC.
New in 2014: To assist struggling departments with meeting the eligibility requirement, Globe is providing a complimentary NVFC Department Membership to the first 200 applicants that are not currently NVFC members.
Volunteer firefighters selflessly devote their time and risk their own safety to protect their communities. Yet many volunteer fire departments are struggling to provide the gear and equipment necessary to keep their personnel safe.
Departments are forced to make due with an inadequate amount of turnouts or with worn-out gear they can’t afford to replace.
As the world’s largest and most trusted manufacturer of structural firesuits in the world, Globe is giving back to first responders in need through this remarkable donation program.
The program launched in 2012, when Globe partnered with DuPont and the NVFC to celebrate the company’s 125th anniversary by giving away 144 sets of gear to volunteer departments in the U.S. and Canada who demonstrated their need. With the success of the 2012 program and the great need among departments for gear, Globe and DuPont provided an additional 51 sets of gear to NVFC members in 2013, and are now offering 52 sets to eligible departments in 2014.
Thirteen departments in the U.S. and Canada will be awarded four sets each. Criteria To be eligible to apply for the 2014 Globe Gear Giveaway Program, departments must meet the following criteria:
• Departments must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
• Departments must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
• Department must be located in the United States or Canada and be legally organized under state/province law.
• Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. If you are not a member, join today at www.nvfc.org/membership to be eligible to apply. *To help struggling departments meet this criteria, Globe will provide a Department Membership to the first 200 applicants that are not currently NVFC members.
• Departments must demonstrate a need for the gear.
• Departments who receive a donation of four sets of gear must use the gear for the benefit of their department and not for any other purpose. Gear cannot be resold.
• Departments who receive gear agree that their department name, details from application essay, and photo may be used in media by Globe, DuPont, and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation program.
Applicants that do not meet the stated criteria will be disqualified from the application process.
How to Apply
To apply for four sets of new Globe turnout gear, fill out the application form found at: https://nvfc.wufoo.com/forms/globe-gear-giveaway-2014/ Applications must be received by Sunday, June 1, 2014.
Selection Process The 2014 application period will be open from February 12 – June 1, 2015. Once the application period has ended, the applications will be reviewed by an expert panel selected by the NVFC.
Thirteen winning departments will be selected to receive four sets of gear each. Two to three winners will be selected each month between July and December.
Winners will be contacted directly before the public announcement is made each month.
If you have any questions, please contact the National Volunteer Fire Council at email@example.com or 202-887-5700.
Globe Manufacturing Company is the largest and most trusted manufacturer of structural firesuits in the world. Over its 127 years, Globe has been responsible for introducing many of the materials, designs, and construction methods now taken for granted in personal protective equipment.
Learn more at www.globeturnoutgear.com.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802.
The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment.
For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable tools, resources, programs, and advocacy for first responders across the nation.
Learn more at www.nvfc.org.