THE CAD ZONE INC. has announced the release of Version 9.0 of its Fire Zone diagramming software for the fire service. Features include:
- Faster user interface – Toolbars and menus have been re-designed to be more efficient. It’s now much faster to find commands, change object properties and edit existing objects in the drawing.
- Aerial views from Bing maps – Enter the address or name of a facility to retrieve a recent satellite photo of the area and place it in the diagram as a background image. Place lines, notes and symbols on top the photo for a quick pre-plan.
- New 2D and 3D textures – New texture patterns can be used to show grass, water, asphalt, concrete, wood grain and more.
- New “Heads Up Display” – The user can now choose to automatically show object properties and geometry on-screen as they draw, updated in real time.
- Import AutoCAD 2011 drawings – Import existing drawings from AutoCAD 2011 and other CAD programs commonly available from building departments.
- Moving camera animations – Animations can now be created with a moving viewpoint by fixing the “camera” to any position on a moving symbol.