Maximize "gloves-on capability" through all your fire ground tasks…Structural, Wildland, and Extrication.
- Varied layering schemes help avoid bulking up finger side walls with leather and help with flexibility, dexterity, grip and comfort
- Mesh knit inner liner reduces friction during don and doff which allows for greater efficiency both dry and wet
- Glove inner liners are sewn and bonded in at each fingertip for maximum retention and efficient wet don and doff
- Unique 7-layer flexible knuckle guard system provides enhanced thermal protection and cut/puncture resistance
- Distinctive stitching down outer palm layer prevents bunching up of material and promotes a more efficient grip
- Gathered stitching is used around the entire wrist for a secure fit and reduces debris from entering the glove
- Available in short cuff or long cuff styles in sizes XS-3XL
Pro-Tech 8 FUSION again offers ground breaking multi-layer construction in a new design which results in a stunningly light-weight, flexible and comfortable glove that goes well beyond all the protective and performance requirements of the NFPA 1971 Standard – 2007 Edition. Most importantly, FUSION maximizes "gloves-on capability" through all your various fire ground tasks which is the ultimate enhancement to hand safety.
This glove breaks in extremely fast and remains soft and flexible after use. The unique Pro-Tech 8 multi-layer knuckle guard system provides enhanced protection at this vulnerable spot while FUSION introduces a new mesh knit inner liner that advances earlier improvements for efficient don and doff performance, especially when wet. The FUSION Long Cuff "wristlet" style features unique Kevlar® elastic cuff band which prevents debris from entering and eliminates glove slip off.
This Long Cuff version extends the actual glove body which guarantees the NFPA 1971 indicated protection of 35 TPP minimum. The outdated and difficult to don knit wristlets used by other glove makers lose their shape and elasticity and even worse, they are allowed to provide a significantly reduced level of protection of 20 TPP. At the vulnerable glove-sleeve interface, FUSION provides you with superior protection and performance! Certified compliant to NFPA 1971 - 2007 Edition.
- The palm side outermost layer is highly flexible water repellant goat skin suede.
- Cut and heat resistant knitted Kevlar/Nomex forms the second palm side layer.
- A special mesh knit made of 100% modacrylic forms the third layer of the palm side and serves as the inner liner, while the palm side fingers have been further reinforced with a layer of knitted 100% modacrylic.
- The knuckle guard portion has an outer layer of 100% Kevlar®, two layers of silicon carbide both fused with 100% Kevlar®, another layer of 100% Kevlar® and another layer of modacrylic knit which represents the inner liner. This unique flexible 7-layer system provides repetitive thermal protection and cut/puncture resistance at the vulnerable knuckle compression point.
- In addition to the knuckle guard section, the back side outer layer is formed alternately by the sueded leather and a layer of cut and heat resistant 100% Kevlar® knit which runs the length of the glove from finger tips to cuff edge.
- Back side of the fingers are reinforced with a layer of knitted modacrylic while the special mesh knit modacrylic forms the next layer of the back side serving as the inner liner.
- Finger sidewalls are comprised of an outer layer of Kevlar/Nomex and two additional layers of 100% modacrylic knit.
- The glove inside is fully lined with two layers of a highly breathable completely sealed polymer membrane to prevent liquid penetration and to protect against blood borne pathogens.
- 100% Kevlar® high burst thread is used throughout the gloves.
- Reflective tape is used on the glove back side near the wrist area.