Firefighter Safety News

  • Garage Explodes With S.D. FFs Inside

    Two firefighters are lucky to be alive after a garage exploded while they were in it last night (Jan. 11), according to KSFY-TV.The incident occurred at approximately 7:30 p.m. just west of Baltic as crews responded to reports of a natural gas leak.Dell...

    News • January 12th, 2010

  • Injured Calf. FF's Condition Improving

    MODESTO, Calif. -- One of two Modesto firefighters injured battling a house fire earlier this month remains in serious but stable condition at UC Davis Medical Center, but his condition is slowly improving. Modesto Fire...

    News • January 12th, 2010

  • Fatal Fires Prompt Milwaukee to Consider Restoring Fire Company

    MILWAUKEE --   Milwaukee aldermen are considering a plan to use part of the city's emergency fund to restore a fire company closed due to budget cuts. The move is prompted by a rash of recent fires, two of which were fatal.

    News • January 12th, 2010

  • Denver FF Hit by Bullet During Blaze

    DENVER --  All she did was start her car. Now a Denver woman's garage is completely destroyed. It caught fire around 11:30 a.m. Sunday after the woman started her 1980 Maserati at her home near South Cherokee Street and West Yale Avenue. The...

    News • January 11th, 2010

  • Elderly Pa. Couple Killed in Fire

    SALISBURY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- State Police say an oxygen tank ignited inside a Lancaster County home Saturday evening, starting a fire that killed an elderly couple. Firefighters responded to the home in the 200...

    News • January 11th, 2010

  • Pa. FFs Battle Frozen Hydrants

    MONROEVILLE, Pa. -- Emergency workers had to overcome frozen fire hydrants at a house fire Sunday in Monroeville, firefighters said. The fire started at about 2 a.m. in the 200 block of Lilac Drive...

    News • January 11th, 2010

  • Frozen Hydrant Delays Ga. FFs

    MORROW, Ga. -- Clayton County firefighters battled a stubborn blaze Sunday morning, and also had their hands full with a frozen hydrant. Residents were evacuated from the Morrowood Townhomes in the 5900 block of Trammell...

    News • January 11th, 2010

  • Iowa FFs Dodge Ammunition at Blaze

    Des Moines firefighters dodged exploding ammunition as they battled a garage fire on Saturday. The fire at 1629 E 24th St.

    News • January 10th, 2010

  • Prized Horses Killed in Tenn. Barn Fire

    CEDAR HILL, Tenn. -- A barn caught fire with 15 horses inside in Cedar Hill Saturday. Firefighters could only save four horses, the remaining 11 animals could not escape. The residents of the home on Jones Chapel Road said...

    News • January 10th, 2010

  • Ind. Owner Falls Off Roof Fighting Fire

    CHARLESTOWN, Ind. --   A wood burning stove used as a heater is believed to be the cause of a fire at a home in far eastern Clark County, Ind., Friday. The fire began shortly before 11 a.m.

    News • January 9th, 2010

  • Owner Falls Off Roof Fighting Ind. Fire

    CHARLESTOWN, Ind. --   A wood burning stove used as a heater is believed to be the cause of a fire at a home in far eastern Clark County, Ind., Friday. The fire began shortly before 11 a.m.

    News • January 9th, 2010

  • Seattle FFs Rescue Midnight Kayakers

    SEATTLE -- Two intoxicated men were rescued from Puget Sound after getting into trouble while kayaking from Bainbridge Island to Magnolia on a midnight trip, said the Seattle Police Department. Firefighters at Seattle's...

    News • January 9th, 2010

  • Indy FFs Help Look for Frozen Hydrants

    INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis firefighters will join in the effort to spot frozen hydrants before they become a problem on the job. Veolia Water Company, which is responsible for maintaining the city's 36,000 hydrants...

    News • January 7th, 2010

  • Mayday Call Made During Ohio Fire

    WEST PRICE HILL --  Two people, including a firefighter, were injured early Thursday when a home in West Price Hill caught fire. The fire was reported at about 3:30 a.m. on the 4400 block of Glenway Avenue. One person was trapped on the third...

    News • January 7th, 2010

  • Mo. FF Falls Off Ladder at House Fire

    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A firefighter was hurt after falling from a ladder while battling a house fire in the 4200 block of North Elmwood Avenue Wednesday afternoon. The firefighter told KMBC that he was stepping onto the roof...

    News • January 7th, 2010