Where do all these fire codes, standards, and regulations come from? How can I find out what fire codes apply to my business or property? What are they looking for during an inspection? Is that really a code violation?
All these fire codes are available on-line at NFPA.org (National Fire Protection Association).
Here's how to access them:
- From NFPA.org select 'Codes & Standards'
- From 'Codes & Standards' select 'List of NFPA Codes & Standards'
- Select the desired code based on code number or name (most relevant codes are found in NFPA 1 or NFPA 101)
- Scroll down to the section that says 'View the document online', click on the desired edition
- At this point you will be prompted to enter or create a login (quick and free).