· use NFPA materials in a consistent and creative way.
· demonstrate excellence and innovation, reaching out to the community with NFPA materials.
· view NFPA as the source for safety information.
The "Educator of the Year" receives:
· $1,000 honorarium.
· travel to Boston, in June 2011 for an award presentation at the opening general session of the NFPA annual conference.
In addition, the local fire department receives:
· $1,000 donation to support public education activities.
Nominate your favorite fire safety educator today! Download the application HERE. Again, the deadline is February 25, 2011.
Before I go, I have to mention that this blog post on “Playing it Safe” on firehouse.com, was done with the help of the program, Dragon Naturally Speaking. If you are like me and are doing all of your work by yourself, this program can help save you a lot of time and allow you to spend more time on your fire safety programming and activities! I promised Pete that with the help of this program, I will be able to blog more frequently. It has definitely been a great tool in my fire safety toolbox!