Date: 03/14/13 12:00 AM CT - 03/15/13 11:00 PM CT
Location: New York, NY United States
Web site: http://www.fdnyfoundation.org/
The New York City Fire Department in partnership with the FDNY Foundation Symposium March 14th & March 15th 2013
- March 14th, afternoon NYC WTC site Memorial Tour and reception with NYC Fire Commissioner, Chief of Department and other FDNY leadership.
- March 15th, at the FDNY Academy presentation
The FDNY 2013 Symposium will delineate how the FDNY planned for, operated at, and mitigated post destruction from Hurricane Sandy, the storm of the century.
Topics An in depth examination of emergency personnel responses and operations at these incidents during and after the storm:
Pre-staging of FD resources and equipment. Chief of Operations James Esposito will explain how the FDNY prepared for the storm by pre-staging units, decentralizing command functions, expanding communications and other tactics employed.
- Incident Management Team functions in planning for and interacting with all city agencies to help coordinate the response and prepare for the worst.
- Chief Robert Maynes will describe the challenges faced during a night of floods and fires.
- EMS Command operations involving Mass Evacuations of Hospitals, old age homes and other medical responses.
- Special Operations Command use of Marine, Rescue and Squad personnel, apparatus, boats and equipment.
- Safety Command will define how Risk management decisions were made to protect civilians and firefighters.
- Post storm operations. De-watering priorities of operations/distribution of limited resources. Doing the best with what you have.
- How the Bureau of Fire Prevention worked with building owners to get occupants back to work in buildings with appropriate life safety systems.
These topics and more will be discussed during a full day of lectures at the FDNY fire academy. A CD providing detailed official documents outlining the procedures followed during storm operations will be distributed to each attendee.
- Register before Jan. 31st - the cost is $300.00 per person
- Register after January 31st – the cost is $375 per person