A high-rise incident in which three Irving firefighters were hurt Sunday morning ended up being water vapor from a malfunctioning sprinkler system, according to WFAA-TV.
Crews responded to the reported three-alarm fire in Las Colinas at approximately 7:30 a.m. after what was thought to be smoke was seen billowing from the top of the 26-story central tower in the Williams Square complex at 5215 North O'Connor Boulevard.
A deluge system designed to extinguish fires had been triggered by a malfunctioning sensor, sending water into the air conditioning system, creating a cloud-like vapor, Assistant Chief R.W. Wilson told the news station.
Two of the firefighters were hospitalized after being struck by a hose that popped off a standpipe and a third firefighter was also transported to the hospital for treatment.
Their injuries were not considered to be serious.