A Burger King restaurant on Indianapolis' south side caught fire Monday afternoon.
Indianapolis firefighters were called to the restaurant in the 4200 block of Kildeer Drive, near Southport Road and Interstate 65, about 12:15 p.m.
Smoke could be seen rising from the building, but firefighters were able to contain the blaze quickly.
Seven employees and 30 customers were evacuated. No one was injured.
There was no immediate word on the extent of damage inside the building.
The store's owner, Colleen Meyers, told Indianapolis firefighters that the restaurant was set to be remodeled soon. It will be closed until further notice.
It was not immediately known what sparked the fire, though workers suspect grease or a mechanical problem. Damage was estimated at $300,000.
Copyright 2011 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.