LAUREL, Md. -- Prince George's County Fire Officials say a faulty furnace ignited a massive blaze that ripped through two apartment buildings on the 8800 block of Hunting lane in Laurel. 60 residents who lived inside those apartments have been displaced according to fire officials.
Ulisses Delgado, who had to run for safety when the fire ignited said, "there was so much stuff in that apartment. It was my life. Ive been here 13 years, and everything i've had is just gone."
Displaced residents who have insurance are being put up in area hotels. Those that didn't have insurance are having to reach out to family, friends, and the red cross.
More than 65 firefighters were called out to battle the 2 alarm fire. No resident or firefighter was hurt.
Republished with permission of WUSA-TV