Arkansas Firefighter Injured in Own House Fire

ROGERS, Ark. --

Rogers Fire Department Battalion Chief David Whitlow was burned during a fire at his home in Avoca on Tuesday.

Rogers Fire Department public information officer Michael Dean said Whitlow was on his property and noticed his home was on fire.

Dean said Whitlow thought his wife was inside and entered the home to save her. In the process, he suffered second degree burns to his arms and head. Whitlow's wife was not in the building.

Whitlow was treated overnight for burns and was expected to be released Wednesday morning.

Copyright 2011 4029tv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Loading