Nebraska Firefighter Shocked Battling Blaze

A Lincoln firefighter was shocked by electrical cords while operating at a blaze Sunday morning, according to The Journal Star.

The unidentified firefighter was attempting to bring down a ceiling tile when he struck the cords with a tool and was shocked, Battalion Chief Leo Benes told the newspaper.

The firefighter was transported to a local hospital as a precaution and was back on duty that afternoon.

Crews responded to the duplex at 3429 North 48th Street at approximately 8:30 a.m.

Fire officials said workers were renovating the vacant side of the duplex and the fire likely started from careless smoking.

Damages were estimated at $3,500 to the structure and $5,000 to items.

Loading