SAYRE, Okla. --
Fire crews in Sayre said a man was badly burned in a major fire on Main Street.
Beckham County Emergency Manager Lonnie Risenhoover said at least two buildings have been destroyed in the western Oklahoma town.
Firefighters said the fire started in a mechanic's shop in the 2000 block of Main Street at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators said three people were welding inside the shop when the fire sparked. Risenhoover said one man was flown to a hospital in Oklahoma City after suffering burns.
That fire devastated an entire block of Main Street, crews said.
Risenhoover said it started in the Draper Motor Company building, which is now an auto-mechanic shop. It's next door to a tanning salon, which was also razed by the flames.
Crews said the shop was one of the original Main Street buildings and housed irreplaceable antiques.
"The tanning salon, and of course the mechanic shop, and the antiques that were in the Draper motor company are completely destroyed. I think there was some antique vehicles in there and some memorabilia from old Pontiac and GM memorabilia," Risenhoover said.
Investigators said they don't know what may have been in some of the other buildings that were affected.
Crews said they probably won't know the full extent of the damage until Wednesday morning.
Copyright 2011 by koco.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.