Wrong Address Delays Response, Fla. Man Hurt

CANAVERAL GROVES, Fla. -- Brevard County firefighters responded to a fire at 614 Crystal Lake Drive in Canaveral Groves Saturday morning after someone called to report heavy flames coming from a mobile home and someone trapped inside. When...


CANAVERAL GROVES, Fla. --

Brevard County firefighters responded to a fire at 614 Crystal Lake Drive in Canaveral Groves Saturday morning after someone called to report heavy flames coming from a mobile home and someone trapped inside.

When firefighters got to the home, they discovered the caller gave them the wrong address, officials said.

Another call came into dispatchers, giving the right address of the mobile home that was on fire, officials said.

Fire officials said they were able to quickly get to the correct address and found heavy smoke and flames shooting from the home.

Firefighters rescued the man trapped inside first before putting out the fire.

Fire officials said the man was pulled through a bedroom window and was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center with second-degree burns to about 50 percent of his body.

After rescuing the resident, it took firefighters 30 minutes to get the flames out, fire officials said.

When the fire was put out, firefighters found out three people lived in the home, and while two escaped, one could not get out, fire officials said.

Brevard County fire inspectors, along with the State Fire Marshal's Office, found out the fire was started by a candle being used for heat and the home had no working electricity.

Copyright 2010 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.