Three People Injured in Ariz. House Explosion

Flagstaff, ARIZ. --

Three people in Flagstaff were injured when their home exploded in flames Saturday morning.

Flagstaff fire spokesman Kevin Wilson said firefighters were called about 9:30 a.m. to a home in the 1000 block of North Navajo Drive after an explosion was reported.

The arriving firefighters found the home burning and three people standing outside who had escaped the home on their own, Wilson said. The fire was found in the kitchen area, with heavy smoke conditions on the inside.

Wilson said the man who lives in the home said he had been cleaning the kitchen floor with gasoline near the water heater when the vapors from the gasoline were ignited by the pilot light from the water heater causing an explosion.

Wilson said all 3 people in the home suffered various injuries as a result of the explosion and were treated and transported to Flagstaff Medical Center.

Copyright 2010 by KPHO.com. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Loading