Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Two in California

MONTEREY, Calif. --

Two people were found dead in a Monterey apartment from carbon monoxide poisoning, fire officials said Tuesday.

Firefighters were sent to a Monterey home in the 700 block of Lottie Street at 9:17 a.m. Monday on reports of two people who were unresponsive.

When firefighters arrived, they determined that there were high levels of carbon monoxide in the apartment.

Firefighters entered the apartment wearing masks and found two people dead inside. The couple was later identified as Raymond and Ruth Ann Carlson.

The causes of death were determined to be accidental.

Deputies said a wall-mounted gas heater appears to have played a role in their deaths.

Map: Carbon Monoxide Deaths-121.9161549999999736.6074440967262551725897933

Copyright 2010 by KSBW.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Loading