FALMOUTH, Ky. --
A renamed street may have played a part in the destruction of a geothermal home that caught fire in Pendleton County on Thursday.
WLEX-TV said the blaze broke out along Cedar Ridge Road, south of Falmouth off Rankin Mill Road, around 2:30 a.m.
Officials said the couple living in the home, Terry and Libby Cooper, escaped unharmed.
Fire officials said it took some time for crews to reach the burning house because the streets in the area were recently renamed and their system has not been updated.
Investigators said the blaze started in the basement, but they have not determined a cause.