FULTON COUNTY, Ga. --
A south Fulton County man is recovering from severe burns Wednesday morning after a kitchen fire.
Firefighters got a call that family members were trapped in a home on fire in the Waterford Commons subdivision on Brookford Court early Wednesday.
Firefighters said a man left french fries cooking in hot oil on the stove. When he returned, the kitchen was in flames.
We did have one 20-year-old man that had second- and third-degree burns from trying to extinguish and remove the pot from the home, said Battalion Chief Markus Jone.
Firefighters got everyone else out safely.
The kitchen and dining room of the home were destroyed.
Copyright 2010 by . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.