RALSTON, Neb. --
Firefighters said a Ralston man jumped from his bedroom window Tuesday morning to escape the fire sweeping through his house.
Ralston fire units were called to the home at 7773 Highland Street just before 5 a.m. They found the house engulfed in flames.
The lone resident of the home said he had a smoke detector, but didn’t hear it. He said his dog alerted him to the fire.
Fire investigators said the house was completely gutted.
The resident, his dog and three cats made it out safely.
Copyright 2010 by KETV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.