Historic Texas Home Destroyed by Fire

CONROE, Texas -- One of the oldest homes in Montgomery County was destroyed in a fire Tuesday, KPRC Local 2 reported. Firefighters said they believe the blaze started with an electrical outlet and an extension...


CONROE, Texas --

One of the oldest homes in Montgomery County was destroyed in a fire Tuesday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Firefighters said they believe the blaze started with an electrical outlet and an extension cord on the front porch of the home on Old Houston Road in Conroe.

The fire was put out in 30 minutes, but the home was destroyed.

Family members said the log structure, which dates back to the late 1800s, has been in their family for more than 50 years.

The home was empty except for family heirlooms.

Copyright 2010 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.