KANSAS CITY, Mo. --
Firefighters in Kansas City, Mo., said they had to pull back from a house fire at 2216 E. 77th Terr. after they heard ammunition inside the house going off.
The fire started shortly before 4 a.m. Nobody was inside the house and nobody was injured in the fire.
Fire crews said they also backed away from the fire because there was a propane tank inside the house. Fire officials said crews were able to prevent the flames from spreading to other houses, but the house on fire was destroyed.
Neighbors said they woke up to seeing huge flames coming from the house and said they heard the ammunition popping as the house was burning.
Copyright 2010 by KCTV5.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.