Conn. Man Injured Waking Family at Fire

BRISTOL, Conn. --

A man was injured when he ran inside a Bristol home to wake members of his family during a weekend fire.

Steven Masicotte, 23, was being treated for smoke inhalation at Hartford Hospital after a Sunday fire on Jacobs Street.

Fire officials said five people were home at the time of the fire, which they said appears to have begun on the home's back porch.

About 20 firefighters were called to battle the blaze at the multi-family home.'

Masicotte's mother said her son ran inside to wake his sister and two children.

E-mail news tips to Eyewitness News, or dial: 866-289-0333.Connecticut's latest breaking news is on WFSB.com and Channel 3 Eyewitness News.Be The First To Know:Breaking News, Weather, Sports E-mail Fr

Loading