NASHVILLE, Tenn. --
A duplex fire in South Nashville early Tuesday morning injured a firefighter and sent one man to the hospital.
Officials at the scene said the fire started at a home on Cedarmont Drive between Old Hickory Boulevard and Nolensville Pike just before 4 a.m.
Fire crews were able to put out the flames quickly, but the home was pretty badly damaged.
A firefighter was treated at the scene for minor burns to his legs.
An elderly couple living inside the home was able to get out.
The woman was also treated at the scene; the man was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation, but is expected to recover.
The male victim told fire crews his oxygen tank may have been what sparked the blaze. Officials have not confirmed that theory.
Copyright 2010 by WSMV.com. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Got a story idea? E-mail newstips to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the newsroom 24/7