MODESTO, Calif. --
Two Modesto firefighters were injured when the roof of a burning home collapsed.
The Modesto Fire Department responded to the three-alarm fire, which was sparked Friday night by a gas-powered generator in the garage.
Battalion Chief Hugo Patino said the home lacked electricity. A woman and two children who lived in the home escaped without injuries.
Patino said two firefighters were working on the roof when it caved in. They were rescued within minutes and taken to regional hospitals to be treated for burns.
The names of the firefighters have not been released.
Investigators were looking into possible structural problems that may have contributed to the roof's collapse.
Copyright 2010 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.